Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the information posted on this page is subject to change.
Last Update: 9/20/21
Students who are rising sophomores, juniors or seniors studying at U.S. institutions and who are from backgrounds historically underrepresented in STEM are eligible to apply. These backgrounds include: low-income, first-generation college, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and Native Pacific Islanders, and those with disabilities. Students from the MOLSAMP Alliance schools are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Free GRE preparation
- $4,000 stipend
- Free housing
- Professional development
- Mentored research
The information that you submit on your application will be used to contact you during the application process and during the program. Please inform us immediately if your contact information changes during this time period.
A Personal Statement
Discuss why you want to do summer research, what area of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics you want in your research, and whether or not you are interested in or curious about pursuing a Ph.D.
Two letters of recommendation are required, one can be from one of your STEM instructors. However, if you have previous research experience, the review committee requests that one of the letters of recommendation be completed by your research mentor.
Please send your grades from all schools you have attended up until the fall semester prior to the summer you are applying for. Please do not mail official transcripts unless specifically requested. As part of the application, include a scanned transcript from each post-secondary institution you have or are currently attending (beginning of undergraduate education through Fall 2020 semester or quarter). Please include the transcript key (that is normally located on the back page of the official transcript). The scanned transcript must be issued by the Registrar’s Office (a copy issued to the student is fine). We will not accept a transcript that is downloaded from the university’s web site. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this, please contact us.
- Scan the transcript as a high resolution PDF as a part of your packet and make sure each page is legible before uploading it.
- Unofficial transcripts will be used in the review process and can be uploaded electronically to accompany your application.
- Transcripts must be in English, or be accompanied by notarized translations.
- All participants will be requested to send an official final transcript (in a sealed envelope) to us before matriculation into the program.
- MOLSAMP program reserves the right to rescind any offer of admission if discrepancies are found between your uploaded transcript and the official transcript. Letters of Recommendation
- All transcripts from matriculating Washington University MOLSAMP participants should be sent to:
Attn: Dr. Harvey R. Fields Jr.
Washington University in St. Louis
One Brookings Drive
Campus Box 1140
St. Louis, MO 63130
Ready to apply?
Application is not yet live.